About AP EWS Certificate
The EWS bill was passed by the President of India on 12 January 2019. The bill came into the division from 14 January 2019 and Gujarat became the first state to implement this law.
The EWS certificate is an income and asset certificate that is like an income certificate and should not be confused with a caste certificate. An Indian citizen who belongs to the EWS category and does not fall under any other reservation scheme like SC, ST, and OBC category, will get the reservation. Through the EWS Reservation Scheme, people get a 10% reservation in direct recruitment in civil posts and services in the government. This is issued for the general category but the Economically Weaker Sections of the society to encourage their livelihood.
An individual can avail a 10% reservation on the basis of an EWS certificate for the EWS section in government jobs and higher educational institutions across the country. In order to get the benefit of 10% EWS reservation in any government job or admission in higher education, the candidates must necessarily issue a valid EWS certificate issued by the competent authority.
EWS Certificate – Highlights
|Launched By||Government of India|
|Beneficiaries||Economical Weaker Section (EWS)|
|Name of Law||Economic Weaker Section Bill|
|Benefits||10% reservation in jobs, institutions|
|Category||Central & Andhra Pradesh Govt. Scheme|
Features of EWS Certificate
- The EWS certificate used as an income certificate.
- Gets a 10% reservation in government jobs and institutions.
- Take advantage of any government job, scheme.
- All persons who belong to General Caste and not under the reservation category scheme for SC, ST, and OBC.
- Total family’s gross income is less than 8 Lakh per annum. (Here family income includes earning from all sources such as agriculture, salary, profession, business, etc.)
- Individuals who have additional properties given below family income will not be classified in the EWS category
- 5 acres of agricultural land & more.
- Residential plot of 100 square yards and above in notified municipalities,
- Residential area of 1000 square feet and above,
- Residential plot of 200 square yards and above in areas other than the specified municipalities.
Note: Above are the eligibility criteria to get EWS Reservation is given by the Central Government of India. Different states can set their own Income cut-off to decide who can constitute EWS.
AP EWS Certificate Duration and Application Fees
- Certificate Validity – certificate is valid for only 1 year from the date of issue.
- Application Fee – Rs.10 /
- The application fee from MeeSeva Centre is Rs. 35 /
- Processing Time – 7 Days
How to fill AP EWS Certificate Application Form?
- At first, go to the official AP Meeseva portal at onlineap.meeseva.gov.in.
- After this, the homepage will open on the screen.
- Now, you have to click on the section “Revenue Department”.
- On the “REVENUE DEPARTMENT SERVICES” page you have to click on the “INCOME CERTIFICATE” option.
- Now, an application form will open and you have to fill the required details that are listed below.
- Name of applicant
- Parent/husband name
- Aadhaar Number
- Date of birth
- Applicant Age
- Along with this, you also need to enter your income details.
- Upload all the important documents and click on the “Show Payment” button.
- Enter your card information and follow the steps for payment.
- At last, click on “Confirm Payment” to confirm your payment and keep receipt details.
How to Check the EWS Application Status Online?
To check the AP EWS Application status, follow the easy steps given below.
- First, visit the official website at onlineap.meeseva.gov.in/
- Log in with your username and password.
- Find the Check MeeSeva Certificate option and click on it.
- Enter “Application Number” in the given space.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Go’ button and the status of the application will display on your computer and mobile screen.
EWS Certificate Document Required
Here are the following documents that should be available when you apply for EWS.
- Aadhar Card
- Ration card copy
- Voter ID Card
- Residential certificate
- Passport size photograph
- All educational records
- Certificate issued by two different Gazette officers
- There is a court stamp fee of 2 / – with the application form duly filled.
- Non-judicial paper declaration of Rs.10 / – as per Government Order (GO) 1551 and Income Tax Return Payment (if any)
The above-mentioned list of documents can vary according to the states and rules.
EWS Certificate Issuing Authorities
- District Magistrate (DM) / Additional District Magistrate (ADM) / Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / First Class Stipendiary / Magistrate / Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Additional Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Sub-divisional officer or area where the applicant or his family normally resides.
EWS Certificate Application Form-
- Download the application form from the given link
Validity of EWS Certificate
Income and asset certificates will be valid for a specific period of time which is decided by the designated authority of the different states. But generally, the AP EWS certificate is valid for one year from the date of the issue.
What is the full form of EWS?
EWS stands for “Economically Weaker Section”.
- What is the validity of the EWS certificate?
EWS certificate is valid for a specific period of time which is decided by the designated authority of the different states. AP EWS certificate is valid for one year from the date of the issue.
Is there any age limit for EWS Certificate?
No, there is no age limit mentioned for the EWS Certificate by the central government of India.
- Can we apply for EWS Certificate online?
Yes, EWS Certificate Online application is started in some states such as Bihar and Andhra Pradesh and other states will start this system very soon.
How to get EWS certificate?
You can submit it at your tehsildar office or at the designated issuing authority or at the nearest CSC center.
What is the processing time for EWS certificate?
The EWS certificate processing time varies in different states. However, it takes the processing time of a maximum of 21 days from the date of submission of application.
What is the fee for applying for this certificate?
A fee of Rs 10 is payable to the applicant and Rs 15 on applying from MeeSeva Centre.
Can OBC, ST, SC category applications apply for EWS certificate?
No, It cannot be availed by OBC, ST, SC category and has been started only to benefit those falling under the general category.
Haryana Rojgar Portal 2021 | हरियाणा रोजग...
PSPCL Bill History | Punjab State Electri...
BIMS Login 2021 | BIMS Login Portal 2021 ...
Himkosh HP Login Portal | e- Salary State...